Wednesday 5 February 2014

Valentines Red | A Dress for £6.99







The Big V is right around the corner. Though I'm not one to believe in one day being any more important to indulge in romantics, I am also not one to shy away from any excuse to give a heartfelt card and grab a beautiful meal with the one you love.

It was Friday afternoon when my pay had finally landed in my account that I took to trawling through my various Wish List baskets. I picked this Red Off The Shoulder Dress from Missguided for, as the title suggests, £6.99! The quality of this dress is amazing for the price. I love the weight in the material and the fullness in the skirt gives such flow to the outfit. 

The décolletage is such a ladylike area to show off on any body shape and I feel it just adds a real elegance to this outfit. I picked this up in a Size 12 which I think is relatively true to size, though right now I'm back on the 10/12 border (woohoo!). Throughout January I have been trying to eat healthier and I've been going to Boxcercise two times a week with Ballet class on a Wednesday.  Four weeks in and I'm feeling my body shape starting to change for the better. (Watch this space for a post on my new found love of cardio!)

I was lucky enough to receive a couple of pieces of coveted Chanel makeup at Christmas from my Mom. Though I've lovingly been using Chanel Les Beiges everyday (yes it really is as good as they say), my Chanel Dragon Lipstick has sat on my dressing table for a special occasion. Valentines is such an occasion I think. The formula is outstanding. Buttery, glossy, moisturising and well the most perfect red in my collection.







What are you planning for Valentines Day? Have you found any amazing pieces online that make Primark look overpriced? Whatever you end up doing this Valentine's I hope you have a lovely time! 

Lily x

15 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous! Love the dress, I can't believe what a bargain it is. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so nice thank you lovely! Yeah I know I'm genuinely becoming addicted to Missguided for their amazing quality at such great prices! xxx

      Delete
  2. Jesus Christ you are GORGEOUS! Awesome pictures. I love the one where you're applying your lipstick. That dress was a steal, it looks great on you!

    xo
    LipstickVillain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh thank you Chrissie! My boyfriend is kind enough to help me out with photographs and teach me some things :) that was my favourite shot too! Your blog looks amazing I'm going to grab a cuppa and indulge in it now :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous dress!! I love the lipstick too!! Fantastic blog :)

    LT x

    http://kind-regards-c.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know right isn't it just so pretty to look at before you even put it on your lips! xxx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love it!!
    I'm your new follower on Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! ♥

    xx
    Nathalie

    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to 'meet' you! Thanks for following :) Your blog is stunning of course I've followed back ! Your style is so gorgeous and sophisticated whilst still being very current :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much lovely! Your blog/pictures/style are stunning! I think I have to go and buy that Mrs Jacobs sweatshirt now! Followed back & love your blog already :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress! I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day! I've followed you on Bloglovin! I hope you can check out my and let me know what you think...maybe give a cheeky follow :D
    Lots of Love,
    Jordan
    thebrightongirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much poppet you too! Followed back! Hoping to see that Primark Haul too! I'm a woman obsessed haha xxx

      Delete
    2. I will be knocking one out tomorrow hopefully, just gotta take a few pictures of me in the clothes I bought :D Also, this is going to sound kind of stupid, but I was wondering if you had any advice on how to get more followers/viewers? I saw you started blogging kind of around the same time as me but I only have 5 followers, so was wondering if you had any tips? xxx

      Delete
    3. Awesome I'll make sure I check it out! Not stupid at all! I honestly have no idea?! I really like your blog :) I mean I think with my blog I wanted it to include all of my own favourite bits of other blogs I read. Like the big photos, the variety of posts, not too text heavy but also chatty enough? I tweet using #bbloggers, #fbloggers and #lbloggers when I post my posts too? Also my friend is a blogger and has given me pointers :) she's actually called Bright Town Girl so very similar to your name ! xxx

      Delete
  7. This is a really lovely dress Lily, I can't believe it is only £6.99! I do love missguided clothes. Hope you have a fantastic valentines day! :)

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I know right? It is mental and I think I may have to pick one up in a few other colours.. is that lame?! You too lovely! xxx

      Delete