Sunday 9 March 2014

Coral Accents | Spring Has Sprung





What a lovely warm, sunny day it has been today! I know it's a cliche but the sun really does make everything just look that little bit more beautiful doesn't it? With the sun streaming in I woke up early, so Tomas and I decided that we would indeed catch the worm and pop down to grab some ingredients for a healthy brunch to start off the day well. After a breakfast of mashed up avocado on brown toast, topped with spinach and poached eggs, we popped out to enjoy more of the sunshine and what a lovely day it was too! 

It goes without saying that come springtime, everyone wants to put down the greys and blacks (yes even Miss Monochrome over here) and incorporate the vibrancy of colour around us, into our own style. One of my favourite colours right now has to be coral. That strong, pinky orange toned colour can make my heart flutter no matter what form it takes. So I've put together a few of my favourite ways to incorporate it into your day to day style without breaking the bank.



When Primark bring out a Bag as structured and vibrant as this beauty, it was always going to spark an obsession. I picked this up last week for only £8! I have since sported it with matching lips in either my Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti or YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Coral In Touch. Both boast incredibly moisturising shine and pigmentation that gives a fresh feel to any makeup look. My cheeks have also seen a revamp, with blushes of bright pinks and creamy peach tones. In particular I've fallen back in love with my Topshop Head Over Heals Cream Blusher, well known to give a dewy glow to the cheeks. Of course I could not do a post on coral accents, without mentioning my ever growing collection of, incredibly similar, coral shades! Current picks include; Essie's Sunday Funday (appropriate name for today!), Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in Melon and Essie's Tart Deco.


Let me know what you got up to on this beautiful, spring Sunday and what your pick for taking us into the warmer months. Now if anyone wants me I'll be filing away my thermals and digging out sandals & sun dresses!

Lily x

Follow Me On Twitter: Lily_SeaSpray
Stalk Me On Instagram: lilyseaspray
Nosey Around My Boards: www.pinterest.com/lilyseaspray

2 comments:

  1. I love Coral. It's such a lovely spring-summerish colour and so vivacious too. I love the bag and everything you chose. <3

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just! Coral and mint are finding there ways into everything in my life right now and it's fab! Thank you love xx

    ReplyDelete