Sunday 26 January 2014

Review | Smashbox Brown Eyes Palette


I'm taking a moment out from frantically Googling the delectable Narsissist Eyeshadow Palette to sing the praises of Smashbox's Brown Eyes Palette. I was lucky enough to receive this palette for Christmas and I'm so glad I did! I've always wanted to try Smashbox after my friend (and MUA) Natalie,  had sung the brands' praises for being of incredible quality, whilst being one of the few brands to be totally bunny friendly. 

Though my eyes are a mixture of blue and green, with a brown ring around the pupils (I'm not known for being straightforward), I feel this palette could compliment any eye colour. The pigmentation is incredible, I would say stronger than Urban Decay and Mac, and on par with Stila

Now I'm sure established bloggers would think me silly for this, but after I swatched the shadows on my arm I was so excited I ran through to tell my boyfriend Tomás how I was now officially a beauty blogger..! Simple pleasures!

Something I've been meaning to try for a long time has been Amelia Liana's smoky-eye Post-It Tip. I picked up these page markers from Asda for 50p (my Dad thought I was barmy when I explained why - hey ho there's no pride lost here!). Taking the line from my lower lash towards the edge of my eyebrow created the perfect guide to wing out my shadow. 

After applying my MUA Eyeshadow Primer, a product I feel is on par with the UD Primer Potion, I applied the base cream shadow first to take out any redness. I used the infamous Mac 217 Blending Brush (worth the eye-watering amount of money, though the No7 version is a mighty close second) I took the pink/brown shimmer shade from the middle of the 'Smoky Trio', and blended this from the outer corner and into the crease. To deepen this I took the darker brown and once I'd tapped off the excess (these will bleed if you don't) worked this through the crease with the same brush. Finally I took the frosted pink colour across the center of the eye to add dimension, then the base colour to soften the edges of the look once I'd removed the post-its. 










 Smashbox - If this is the quality of all of your products I feel I may have found a new love amongst the aisles of Boots. Have you tried any Smashbox products? What would you recommend I should try out next?

Lily x

Follow Me On Twitter: Lily_SeaSpray
Nosey Around My Boards: www.pinterest.com/lilyseaspray



8 comments:

  1. Love the quality of the photos! Very beautiful look with the palette. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm still trying to get to grips with it but it's good to know they are going down well! Lucky for me my boyfriend has a nice camera and is kind enough to help me out so I'm getting there slowly! x

      Delete
  2. is beautiful :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! I adore Smashbox now and am desperate for more! x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful look I love how the colours have blended so naturally :)

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) Super blendable! I'm trying to resist going out and buying the Full Exposure...! xxx

      Delete